Medical report confirms Karachi minors died of food poisoning
KARACHI: Two minor brothers had died of food poisoning after dining at an upscale restaurant in Karachi’s Defence area, their medical report revealed on Tuesday.
The reports obtained by police state that children had eaten substandard food which resulted in their death
Two sibling, 18-month-old Ahmed and 5-year-old Muhammad, had died on November 11, after dining out with their mother at a local eatery.
The restaurant in question was sealed after police launched a thorough investigation.
Earlier reports did not carry any trace of food poisoning in the food samples recovered from the house of the children.
The case has to be determined in the light of microbiology report for the final cause of the minors’ death, which the sources said are yet to be released. A panel of doctors would be convened to discuss the findings of the report, they added.
As much as 60 food samples were sent to the laboratories for chemical analysis in the wake of the children’s death.
The Sindh Food Authority had recovered expired meat when it raided an eatery in Zamzama neighbourhood of Karachi the same week of incident.